Offering home visitors an enhanced understanding of Substance Use Disorder and providing resources to meet the ever-increasing need for support to the families they serve.
Do you struggle to support families experiencing Substance Use Disorders?
This interactive, self-paced online course will guide the Home Visitor’s journey into enhanced understanding of Substance Use Disorder (SUD). While gaining foundational understanding, participants will learn to use that information to enhance, adapt, and integrate their home visiting skills to support families affected by Substance Use Disorder.
There are no prerequisites required for you to enroll in this course. It is designed for any home visitor who supports families with young children. No background knowledge is necessary.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the role of the Home Visitor in addressing substance use.
- Explain the role of societal norms and personal experiences in dealing with Substance Use Disorders.
- Identify the risk and protective factors for developing a Substance Use Disorder.
- Understand the effects of Parental Substance Use Disorders on parent-child attachment, child development, and parenting.
- Recall concrete strategies for integrating the principles of Family-Centered Treatment in your work with families.
- Develop a growth mindset and apply empathy to overcome the stigma surrounding substance use.
- Apply a variety of strategies to support families at different stages of recovery.
For more information on how to enroll your team, contact Great Kids.
Throughout the US and Canada
Join the cadre of organizations helping to ensure successful outcomes.
Growing Great Kids®
Why Choose Great Kids?
Never any recurring licensing fees
Over 37,000 people have been trained to use the Great Kids curricula
Protective Factors – GGK Constructs
Research informed constructs embedded in the Protective Factors Framework
Alignment with Head Start
The Growing Great Kids Home Based Curricula Series exceeds all Head Start Curriculum requirements
Evidenced Based Research
As evidenced by seven independent evaluations, the GGK Curriculum produces outstanding results
Specialized Training Programs
On-site and virtual training options available
Healthy Families America
The Growing Great Kids curriculum aligns with and builds upon the HFA model approach