Curriculum & Certification Seminar for Home Visitors:
Growing Great Kids for Preschoolers (GGK PS) is a strength-based, partnership approach to building nurturing parenting skills while optimizing developmental outcomes for children 3 to 5 years. GGK PS provides home visitors and parents with the knowledge and skills needed to support preschool-aged children in forming:
- Secure attachment relationships
- Strong self-esteem
- Curious minds capable of creative and critical thinking
- Proficient receptive & expressive language/communication
- Cooperative peer relationships
- Age appropriate impulse control
- Habits foundational to making healthy life choices
- Social and academic building blocks for school success
As home visitors facilitate GGK PS Parenting & Child Development Curriculum modules with families, they build empathic parenting skills for interacting with their preschool-aged children in ways that bolster development and nurture security in their relationships. With the GGK PS Growing Great Families Curriculum modules, parents learn strategies for managing stress, building a secure family base and growing the protective buffers essential for raising mentally & physically healthy children.
Growing Great Kids for Preschoolers teaches the GGK Daily Do’s: 6 Essential Parenting Skill Sets, which lay the foundation for nurturing, empathic parent-child interactions and optimal childhood development. When parents consistently practice the Daily Do’s, their interactions with their children bolster social, cognitive, language, physical and emotional health and development.