GKI is pleased to offer newly hired Home Visitors and Supervisors with “Great Kids” materials to use during family visits prior to their becoming GGK Certified. As Home Visitors interact with the Great Kids-Great Start E-Learning Units and use their Great Kids-Great Start Modules, they build foundational knowledge and skills, resulting in families receiving relationship-based, child-focused, family-driven and strengths-enhancing visits. This convenient and affordable package is aimed at keeping programs in compliance with their curriculum training standards.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is Great Kids-Great Start and How Will It Benefit Your Program?
The primary purpose of the Great Kids-Great Start (GK-GS) Introductory Modules and E-Learning Course is to provide just enough Growing Great Kids Curriculum-related training and materials for family visits to set the stage for Home Visitors to have meaningful, relationship-focused, family-driven and child-centered visits prior to their participation in a comprehensive GGK Certification Seminar, required by GGK Licensing Terms and Conditions. GK-GS provides home visit “Conversation Guides” while aiming to build introductory knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Relationship-Focused Practice…How to develop relationships with parents and other significant family members that will demonstrate the Home Visitor genuinely cares about them while sparking parents’ interest in participating in your program
- Structuring visits with a primary focus on fostering secure parent-child attachments and optimal childhood development
- Using the Accentuating The Positives Communication Strategy to build feelings of confidence and competence in parents
- Using the Problem Talk Strategy when families present a concern
- Using a “GGK Conversation Guide” to: learn about what families already know and their opinions regarding what is important to them; to interactively share information; to engage family members in exploring solutions to problems they bring to you; to bring attention to strengthening the parent-child relationship; and to build parenting skills for supporting their child’s development
Great Kids-Great Start Product Components:
- Great Kids-Great Start E-Learning Course…Eight (8) 10-15 Minute E-Learning Units
- Great Kids-Great Start Introductory Modules …Eleven (11) Modules with “Conversation Guides” for up to 4 months of family visits
- Parent Handouts & Child Development Activities Packet
Great Kids-Great Start is designed to be used under the supervision of a certified GGK Supervisor. Prior to facilitating Great Kids-Great Start Modules, Home Visitors are required to have completed the Great Kids-Great Start E-Learning Course, accessible on GKI’s E-Learning Center.
To enroll a Home Visitor or Supervisor in Great Kids-Great Start, please contact email@example.com.